Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Gettin' Crafty

This past weekend I got the crafting bug. I've never been a crafter but for some reason I felt that I could possibly make something. I attempted to make some candy corn ornies and some sleeves for my jarred candles. Surprisingly, they did not turn out too bad. I tried to tea stain the muslin, but I guess I did not use enough tea bags and possibly used too much water. I do have to respect the crafters out there because I can't tell you how many times I messed up because I was either side tracked or not paying close attention to what I was doing. All in all it was fun. My mother in-law was rather impressed with my candle sleeves and actually wanted one. :O She made me feel good. Anyhow, I think I will try my hand at some simple crafts for the coming holidays. There's a kind of satisfaction that one gets when they can say " oh, I made that! So to all the crafters out there, I tip my hat to you because I now understand how focused you must be, how much time, effort and creativity goes into making your creations. I have attached some pix for your viewing. Don't laugh because they are rather simple and they are my master pieces lol (do you sense the drama).






More giveaways, hurray! I just love those giveaways. Lisa
  • www.blacksheepprims.blogspot.com
    at Black Sheep Prims is having a birthday giveaway. Happy Birthday Lisa! Stop by and wish her a happy birthday. She is giving away a bittersweet sampler and candy corn ornies.

    Colleen at
  • www.andbabymakesfive-colleen.blogspot.com
    is giving away some wonderful fall items.

    Last but not least is Char at
  • www.charsethman.blogspot.com
    (The Pickled Pepper Patch)is giving away a wooden cutting board and cinnamon rolls good enough to eat. Yum.
    Good Luck, and until later. Prim Blessings,

    Siri
  • 5 comments:

    Something Nice and Pretty said...

    You did a great job on all that you crafted, love the candle sleeves.
    Rondell

    Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

    Siri,

    What a wonderful job you did...you should be creating! Love those candle sleeves especially!

    Have a great Wednesday!
    Tammy

    carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

    WOW! You did a GREAT job on your crafts! I do crafts once in awhile. It's not something I have time for all the time anymore. You are right! People who craft for a living, are very creative and dedicated!
    But don't sell yourself short, because you really did a wonderful job too!

    Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

    I think all of your creations are adorable! I hope you keep crafting... Have a great weekend!

    ~*Marie*~ said...

    I love your candle sleeves, I am thinking of making some of those for my online shop.