Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Autumn is in the Air

What wonderful weather we're having here in the Northeast. This morning it was 58 degrees and you could feel that cool nip in the air. Ahh breath in that fresh autumn air. Can you believe that this coming weekend will be the unofficial end of summer? I don't care what anyone says, this summer flew right by, like fog in the wind. At least I got to go to the beach several times this summer (a whopping three times :o ) and believe me, that's a lot. I even got to go to the annual Americana Fair this year. It seems that particular fair falls on a busy weekend every year but this year. I went to a couple of barbeques and even a Tikki Bar. Tikki Bar? Yep,there was a new restaurant/bar that opened up this year called the Off Key Tikki Bar its really nice but expensive but that's a whole other posting. Nonetheless I had a good summer with the exception of Stallion getting sick. This afternoon I visited several blogs and came across a post about simple pleasures. Linda at
  • www.behindmyreddoor.blogspot.comli and
    Carolyn at
  • www.cranberrycrossings.blogspot.comli both posted their simple pleasures and made me stop and think of mine. If you ladies don't mind, I will copy your idea so that I may post a few of my simple pleasures. They are:
    1) I love to hear the birds sing at sunrise;
    2)The smell of hazelnut coffee;
    3)Hearing my dh's car pull into the driveway, home from work;
    4)I love to hear my mom's excitement when I call her on the phone;
    5)I love to see the expression on Stallion's face and him charge the door when I say "Daddy's Home!";
    6)Speaking to my best friend over coffee Saturday mornings;
    7)The smell of pumpkin spice in the fall, pine in the winter and honesuckle in the summer;
    8)Seeing the first signs of the first snow fall of the season;
    9)Seeing the first signs of Spring (crocuses and daffodils);
    10) The smell of Thanksgiving dinner.

    This was a great idea. It really puts things into perspective and makes you appreciate the simples things. I recommend everyone try this.

    Before I forget there are several giveaways taking place this week. Please go on over and visit Rondell at
  • rondelltomatoecreekprims.blogspot.comli She is giving away a set of samplers inspired by the four seasons. They are absolutely charming. Good Luck. Prim Blessings,

    Siri
  • 3 comments:

    Something Nice and Pretty said...

    Thanks so very much for posting about my 100th post giveaway:) and yes fall is sure in the air this morning...summer flew by for me too! Loved reading about your simple pleasures and plan on doing it too, oh, and I added you to my list of favs!
    Rondell

    carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

    I really enjoyed learning more about you. I think we have a lot in common.

    plain*worker*primitives said...

    Thanks for visiting me and leaving a note and your prayers. Hope it's okay to add you to my favs...I can never have to many friends :)

    Take care,
    melissa