Monday, August 25, 2008

My Poor Baby Boy, Stallion

It's been quite a while since I've logged on and posted anything. Unfortunately, Stallion has been pretty ill and I've been up and down at the vets. He picked up some kind of bacteria and also has acute pyoderma which is like eczema. Poor guy has been on steriods and antibiotics for several weeks now. Fortunately, they are working and he is much better. He's almost his old self again. It's amazing how one can become so attached to a pet. I was in tears when the vet brought him out to me after shaving one side of is face and I could see where the irritation was. It had spread from his below his ear, down his neck to his shoulder. I felt so bad because all the while I thought he was rolling in bird poo or cat poo and so I, of course, I'd give him a bath not knowing that he had an infection. My poor baby. I am alot more aware now. I make sure that I check his body for any type of irritations or lesions.

On a lighter note, can you believe its almost fall? I am so excited! I'll begin decorating the weekend after Labor Day. :P I know its early but Fall is my favorite season (Christmas a close second)and I've been looking through all my fall decorations salivating and trying to be patient. Time for hay stacks, scarecrows and mums. Yippee! I have all my fall candles waiting for me to light them up. Oh, delicious pumpkin spice and apple cinnamon and cool evenings. Aaah.... Well I'll leave you now and check in with you later.

Prim Blessings,

Siri

3 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Siri,

I'm so sorry about Stallion's infection, but at least you know now! Now they can take care of it!

I love fall too...Christmas is my favorite, but fall is very, very close behind it. I don't like Winter, but I like decorating for Christmas. I will start decorating for fall next weekend too. Have fun with your fall decorating!

Tammy

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Awwww, I'm so sorry that your poor diggy has been through so much! I hope he is better soon!

And I too, am looking forward to fall. I don't care for the summer heat & humidity, so I am anxious for cooler weather.

I hope you will pst pics of your fall decor.

Catty Wampus said...

Siri; I am so sorry about poor Stallion; My baby Murphy, unfortunately got all the problems, a bully can have including allergies and skin issues; we are lucky that it was caught early on and now we know what to do when we see the first signs. At one time it was so bad he lost a lot of hair. And I have to tell you, one year Niles suddenly took ill at Thanksgiving, and it looked like he would probably die;( he didn't; we never found out what it was) he was at the emergency vet and I just laid down on the floor with him and held him and cried and for the first time in my life, I just did not care who saw me crying. I love all my babies so much that if they are not well I am all over them. If something ever happened to one of them, it would just about kill me. So don't think for a minute that you are wrong; it is so good to see that Stallion has a good mommy who loves him and you know; we don't know everything; this is usually how we find out things about our furkids. I hope he continues to get better and it is probably one of those goofy allergies like my Murphy has. I will tell you that a long time ago, I had Great Danes, and the weird thing is, they were ALL allergic to Carpet Fresh and anything like that used to deodorize carpets. We have hard surface floors, but even so I am careful to really rinse the floors good because you never know! Personally I too have been guilty of telling my babies that they are just being silly or that they have gotten into something just like you, and nine times out of ten, that is exactly what it is! So don't feel bad; we all do it.