Thursday, July 17, 2008

Stay-cation

Hey all, I've been on stay-cation this week. Been trying to make the most of out of not going away and so far, it hasn't been too bad. I've made it to Fire Island which believe it or not is only 5 nautical miles (which is equivalent to 6.1 miles give or take a kilometer or two) but I have not been there in about 4 years. Took the ferry over spent a couple of hours there and headed back home. Had a great time with the hubby at the ocean. The ocean was pretty rough due to Hurricane Bertha. We had some awesome swells but with some really strong currents which deterred us from going out into the deep. Anyway, we made the most of it and I got a lot of color :) Anytime by the ocean I consider awesome. My hubby (Rich) really misses sailing. We used to own a sailboat but we ended up selling it because we didn't spend much time on it to justify the cost of docking it for the season and only going out a handful of times. We've been looking at sailboats again, but I know it will be couple of years before we own again. This weekend I'm headed to visit my best friend Addy. She lives upstate. I'm really looking forwarded to seeing her. It's been a couple of months since we've seen each other and time is due. She and I have been friends since high school. Twenty years, whooh how time flies. Any who, I'm hoping to hit some flea markets or antique shops while I'm there. I'll let you know what I find. I'm posting some pics from my bike ride this past week.

Prim Hugs

Siri
Image hosted by Webshots.com
by jus2teaz

2 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi there Siri!

Thanks so much for entering my giveaway! I'm so glad you stopped by to visit! Please come back! I'm going to save you to my favorites and come back and visit! You're doing great at the blogging thing! I enjoyed your pics too....left you a comment down below in posts!

Have a great Tuesday!
Tammy

Unknown said...

Your blog is great, thanks for visiting mine! Hope you had a great time visiting your friend.